Jan 27 2016 | 7:05 pm
- A Super Bowl party calls for tailgate food so pick your menu carefully. In today’s section, we’ve compiled some of our favorites.
Jan 26 2016 | 1:14 pm
- Susan Stark spells out where to find the elusive Branston Pickle, featured in Penny Kazmier’s Jan. 20 column, and shines a light on a raffle for chocolate lovers and the history of Super Bowl snacks.
Dec 30 2015 | 6:22 am
- Holiday entertaining can be a crowd or a couple — a New Year's Eve bash or a few friends playing cards. Whatever your party plans, a cheese board makes a festive centerpiece, will feed your guests and best of all, it's mostly prep work.
Dec 15 2015 | 4:09 pm
- The new IPA Onion Dip stole the show at the "Beer Fest Beatdown" this past weekend at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates. And we have the recipe.
Dec 09 2015 | 6:23 am
- Food often is a cherished part of how we celebrate the holidays. And homemade cookies make for a colorful display at a party or as gifts. No wrapping required.
Dec 01 2015 | 1:58 pm
- Did you know Illinois is ranked 17th in the country for love and consumption of that holiday classic, the green bean casserole? Plus, dreaming of slow-cooked short ribs and snow in this week's column from our food editor.
Nov 23 2015 | 11:10 am
- Starting today -- it's go time for cooks preparing to serve Thanksgiving dinner. Let's remember to give and give thanks, too.
Nov 18 2015 | 3:38 pm
- That's it. The Cook of the Week Challenge for 2015 is a wrap. Some thoughts from the Food editor on recipes, emcees and mystery ingredients.
Nov 10 2015 | 2:48 pm
- Last week started out savory and ended on a sweet note. Monday saw the live cook-off to determine the Daily Herald’s Cook of the Year and ended with the Daily Herald Baking Challenge Thursday.
Nov 05 2015 | 8:56 pm
- We invited readers to enter the Daily Herald Baking Challenge with winners heading to the America's Baking and Sweet Show later this month.