May 20 2013 | 10:07 am
- On Monday, the Buffalo Grove village board is expected to discuss reworking its waste-hauling agreement. The village manager's office said it will recommend a restructured agreement with Waste Management that will expand refuse options for its...
May 19 2013 | 8:35 pm
- For the first time in the 56-year history of the Des Plaines River Canoe and Kayak Marathon, the man who was its guiding force was absent. But the memory of Ralph Frese, who died in December at the age of 86, loomed large over the race from...
May 17 2013 | 6:19 am
- Geneva man had $4.85 million winning lottery ticket in cookie jar. Arlington Heights District 25 report suggests dropping gifted education. Larger suburbs could determine own concealed carry laws. COD adjuncts get raises. Driver jumps out of moving...
May 16 2013 | 11:09 pm
- Crystal Lake police are investigating a one-car crash that closed down Route 31 for nearly an hour Thursday afternoon and caused Nicor and ComEd to check for possible utility damage. Police said the driver reported his brakes failed as he was...
May 15 2013 | 10:41 am
- Parents in Barrington Community Unit School District 220 appear to be happy with the status quo — at least when it comes to the school calendar. Casting their votes with red stickers, parents at a public hearing Tuesday supported keeping the...
May 10 2013 | 5:43 am
- Hawks advance to the next round. Amrich returns as Island Lake mayor. Ex-Harper College wrestler's bail cut in DuPage home invasion case. South Barrington supports Rt. 14 underpass in Barrington. Exhaust fan blamed for Naperville house fire.
May 09 2013 | 4:32 pm
- A group of Northwest suburbs that banded together last year to acquire electricity for their residents and small businesses will save more than 8 percent over ComEd's published price over the next 12 months, a Buffalo Grove official said this week.
May 09 2013 | 9:36 pm
- Naperville firefighters said a malfunctioning bathroom ceiling exhaust fan caused a fire Thursday evening at a home on the 2700 block of Pennyroyal Circle. No one was injured, but the home was deemed uninhabitable.
May 09 2013 | 9:22 pm
- The body of a man found near Salt Creek in Oak Brook last month has been identified. The DuPage County coroner's office on Thursday confirmed the identity of Michael Hardin, 49.
May 11 2013 | 10:15 am
- Here is one of Arlene Juracek's dreams. It's 2017, the year that the village will celebrate its 100th anniversary, and a big celebration takes place in the downtown area. "And 100 percent of the downtown is developed and occupied," Juracek said.