May 03 2013 | 1:01 pm
- Since the days of Captain Joe Naper, Naperville has been blessed with a generous spirit of caring, accompanied by volunteer citizens who reach out to help during tough times, our Stephanie Penick says.
Apr 03 2013 | 4:18 pm
- Through its ties to May Watts, Naperville boasts a close relationship to the Illinois Prairie Path, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. Our Stephanie Pencik explores the Naperville connections and the community's pride in the naturalist...
Feb 18 2013 | 2:01 pm
- Our Stephanie Penick has fond memories of watching wild birds with her children and building feeders with her son. Today, she shares her tips for backyard birding.
Jan 11 2013 | 4:15 pm
- Our Stephanie Penick touched a nerve when she shared her story of the year she wanted a pony for Christmas but opened up a vanity chair instead. Readers couldn't wait to recount their Christmas disappointments.
Dec 20 2012 | 4:19 pm
- Our Stephanie Penick says you can't always get what you want for Christmas -- even if you really, really need a pony -- but the memories always stay with you.
Nov 13 2012 | 12:48 pm
- Our Stephanie Penick is getting ready to speak before the Naperville City Council next week about a proposed development along Water Street in downtown. See what she has to say.
Oct 24 2012 | 5:26 pm
- If you were around on Groundhog Day in 2011, you likely remember when nearly 20 inches of snow blew into town. In the aftermath of the blizzard, huge mounds of the white stuff sat shoveled at the corners of intersections. I photographed a neighbor,...
Sep 18 2012 | 8:16 am
- Stephanie Penick says caution always should be the byword when purchasing prescription drugs, either online or at your pharmacy.
Aug 21 2012 | 2:29 pm
- Our Stephanie Penick made two summer trips to Indiana. Along the way, the dry landscape reminded her of an important expression passed along years ago when she helped the Wheatland Plowing Match Association with its newsletter. Simply put, "No...
Jul 28 2012 | 10:24 am
- Our Stephanie Penick always knew her neighbor got long with her girl dog named Karl. But until recently, she didn't realize the depth of Julio Davis' talent for jazz and hip-hop.