Apr 23 2014 | 11:08 am
- A Cook County judge might rule today on a lawsuit accusing the Forest Preserve District of Cook County of unlawfully getting involved in a private foreclosure dispute involving Horizon Farms. “If the forest preserve district's legal position...
Apr 23 2014 | 7:42 pm
- A Cook County judge’s ruling Wednesday put the Forest Preserve District of Cook County one step closer to taking over the 400-acre Barrington Hills horse farm and estate known as Horizon Farms. Judge Thomas R. Allen ruled against the four...
Apr 22 2014 | 7:01 pm
- An Arlington Heights man charged with molesting a 13-year-old girl in 2010 has pleaded guilty to the charges, court records show. Terrill Thomas, 30, was sentenced to three years in prison and ordered to pay $3,609 in exchange for his guilty plea to...
Apr 22 2014 | 5:46 am
- A Cook County judge “reluctantly” agreed to a 23-year prison term in exchange for a guilty plea by Steven Cole in the 2011 stabbing murder of his father, Stuart, in the family’s Arlington Heights home. Judge Thomas Fecarotta...
Apr 21 2014 | 4:29 pm
- Two Chicago men pleaded guilty Monday to robbing an Elgin electronics store last May. In exchange for guilty pleas to the class X felony, Antoine Adams, 39, and Ronaldo Crawford, 34, were sentenced to 15 years in prison. Each received credit for 299...
Apr 18 2014 | 9:35 pm
- A Palatine man pleaded guilty to wire fraud Wednesday in Chicago, court records show. ion exchange for his guilty plea, Karl Dinev, 45, was sentenced to four years in prison, records show.
Apr 18 2014 | 9:37 pm
- A Schaumburg man whose 2012 drug charges were dropped last year following the arrest of three former undercover officers now faces battery and hate crime charges.
Apr 17 2014 | 7:00 am
- Drury Lane Theatre's young adults series continues with a musical version of "Sleeping Beauty"; TimeLine presents the Chicago-area premiere of the musical "Juno," based on "Juno and the Paycock"; and Shattered Globe concludes its season with Sally...
Apr 17 2014 | 5:25 pm
- Broadway in Chicago on Thuresday announced the 24 finalists for the Illinois High School Musical Theater Awards.
Apr 17 2014 | 6:02 pm
- A 46-year-old Rolling Meadows man pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a young girl last year. In exchange for his guilty plea, Javier Martinez-Lopez was sentenced to three years in prison, court records show.