Nov 25 2015 | 5:58 pm
- Citadel Theatre's ambitious "Oliver!" revival has some enjoyable moments, but could use a little more gravitas.
Nov 23 2015 | 11:21 am
- “Domesticated,” Pulitzer Prize winner Bruce Norris’ play about a political marriage rocked by a sex scandal, makes its Chicago debut at Steppenwolf while Metropolis remounts "A Christmas Carol," this week in Chicago-area theater.
Nov 19 2015 | 2:49 pm
- Paramount Theatre in Aurora revives “A Christmas Story — The Musical”; "Plaid Tidings" comes to Steel Beam in St. Charles; and the Metropolis in Arlington Heights welcomes the return of "Defending the Caveman" this week in...
Nov 20 2015 | 3:49 pm
- Prosecutors on Friday announced a new indictment against an imam from Gilberts accused of sexually abusing an office worker at the Islamic school he founded in Elgin. The new indictment charges him with sexually abusing a student at the school...
Nov 19 2015 | 6:05 pm
- Fernando Devargas of Mount Prospect pleaded guilty Thursday to possessing child pornography and was sentenced to four years in prison.
Nov 19 2015 | 9:31 pm
- Aurora cousins who federal authorities accuse of planning to attack a Joliet military base and join Islamic State militants are expected to plead guilty to the charges next month, prosecutors and a lawyer for one of the men say.
Nov 19 2015 | 6:09 pm
- An Uber driver who shot at a passenger who shattered his car’s moon roof with a rock in Rollingt Meadows pleaded guilty Thursday to reckless discharge of a firearm.
Nov 18 2015 | 10:38 pm
- A paper signed by Mohammad Abdullah Saleem and purportedly listing instances of wrongdoing involving an employee won’t be admitted in his trial on sexual abuse charges. Saleem is the founder and former director of the Institute of Islamic...
Nov 18 2015 | 11:44 am
- Theater lovers can enjoy all manner of holiday offerings — from classic tales to satirical sketches — close to home this year. Here are our suggestions for not-to-be-missed suburban and Chicago shows.
Nov 13 2015 | 8:35 pm
- A Fox Lake man who claims he was one of three people referred to by police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz before the officer killed himself has filed suit against Gliniewicz's estate and the village of Fox Lake.