Apr 24 2015 | 3:40 pm
- Suburban theater artists, including newcomer Max DeTogne from Arlington Heights, are among the nominees for the 2015 non-equity Jeff Awards recognizing Chicago's non-union, proessional theaters. DeTogne was nominated for his performance as Jesus in...
Apr 23 2015 | 2:48 pm
- Theater artists come from all over to practice their craft in Chicago. Among them are Bryan Bosque, Max DeTogne and Mary Williamson, three suburban natives currently lighting up Chicago stages.
Apr 23 2015 | 6:37 pm
- A Rolling Meadows man was ordered held on $40,000 bail on charges he failed to register as a sex offender. Jonathan Malnarick, 33, has two previous convictions for sexual assault, prosecutors said.
Apr 22 2015 | 6:33 pm
- The McHenry man who authorities say stabbed his estranged wife to death last month in an Elk Grove Village hospital while her family helplessly stood by pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Rolling Meadows.
Apr 22 2015 | 6:28 am
- Rex Havens brings his solo show, “Bidding You a Fond ‘I Do,’” a comic look at love and marriage, to the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre for one show Friday, April 24. Plus, Elgin Fringe Festival organizers will be hosting a...
Apr 21 2015 | 6:38 pm
- A Wheeling man and self-admitted gang member, who police found sitting in a car Sunday with a gunshot wound to his groin, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. Kevin Trujillo, 20, was ordered held on a total $55,000 bail Tuesday.
Apr 20 2015 | 6:24 pm
- Cook County no longer will prosecute first- or second-time offenders for possessing small amounts of marijuana, and repeat offenders will be steered toward drug school instead of the courts.
Apr 17 2015 | 7:36 pm
- A Hoffman Estates woman was ordered held on a $10,000 individual recognizance bond Friday after prosecutors say she kicked officers in the shins hands and knees. Sierra Smith, 21, was charged with aggravated battery to a police officer, a class 2...
Apr 17 2015 | 5:34 pm
- A Roselle man on parole for a 2009 burglary conviction pleaded guilty to two charges of delivery heroin to an undercover police officer, court records show. Paul Ramos was sentenced to six years in prison in exchange for his guilty plea.
Apr 17 2015 | 6:21 pm
- A Hoffman Estates man on parole for a 2013 robbery conviction was charged with possession of a controlled substance Friday. Kenneth Lambert, 22, was ordered held on $100,000 bail.