Mar 21 2017 | 6:28 pm
- A 21-year-old Evanston man pleaded guilty to breaking into an Elgin home in September 2016 and stealing several items, including a large TV and bike. In exchange for his guilty plea, Deandre Baker was sentenced to four years in prison.
Mar 21 2017 | 1:34 pm
- Steppenwolf Theatre premieres Tracy Letts’ latest comedy, standup comedian Jimmy Pardo headlines Rosemont’s Zanies, and First Folio Theatre tells the little-known story of astronomer Henrietta Swan Leavitt, this week in Chicago-area...
Mar 21 2017 | 7:41 pm
- A Des Plaines man who fled to Mexico after he was charged with a 2014 Wheeling home invasion pleaded guilty and got an 18-year sentence. Steven Chung, who was returned to the U.S. last year, was accused of helping to steal a man’s sports...
Mar 20 2017 | 7:44 pm
- A Bensenville woman who authorities say struck her male companion with her fists and bit a South Barrington police officer on the thigh was ordered held on $45,000 bail Monday.
Mar 17 2017 | 11:23 am
- Born just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, nine pups add to the ranks of a rare Irish breed. The Glen of Imaal terriers are being raised by retired St. Charles physician Theresa Nesbitt.
Mar 17 2017 | 6:05 pm
- Two brothers from Wheeling pleaded guilty to unlawfully restraining another man outside a Prospect Heights strip mall last October.
Mar 17 2017 | 6:32 pm
- An Arlington Heights man who admitted molesting two sisters was sentenced to three years in prison. Baltazar Solorzano, 53, pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Mar 16 2017 | 7:59 pm
- A Hanover Park man who authorities say attacked and sexually assaulted a woman last month was ordered held on $500,000 bail Thursday.
Mar 15 2017 | 8:31 pm
- A live touring version of the long-running CBS game show “The Price is Right” is coming to Rosemont Theatre Nov. 11.
Mar 17 2017 | 4:15 pm
- Williams Street Repertory stages identity-theft thriller “Any Other Name”; the Metropolis Performing Arts Center serves laughs for St. Patrick’s Day; and Griffin Theatre premieres a drama about the immigrant experience, this...