Aug 26 2016 | 5:58 am
- Suburban natives Brittany Stock, Brian Fimoff and Todd Michael Kiech all have roles in productions hitting Chicago stages next month.
Aug 26 2016 | 8:13 pm
- The Schaumburg mom sentenced to four years in prison for the 2015 death of her severely disabled daughter was released on bond from the Logan Correctional Facility Friday afternoon after serving about three months.
Aug 25 2016 | 6:17 pm
- An Elgin cleric pleaded guilty Thursday to sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl and a 22-year-old office worker at the Islamic Institute he founded. Mohammad Abdullah Saleem, 77, was sentenced to 24 months of probation.
Aug 25 2016 | 7:39 pm
- Bonnie Liltz, the Schaumburg mom sentenced to four years in prison for the 2015 death of her severely disabled daughter, is expected to be released from prison this week after an appellate panel granted bail.
Aug 24 2016 | 6:43 pm
- A man on parole for possession of a stolen vehicle and escape was ordered held on $60,000 bail Wednesday after, authorities allege, he fled Palatine police officers after a traffic stop.
Aug 25 2016 | 3:01 pm
- The Second City plays Aurora’s Paramount Saturday; “Smokey Joe’s Cafe” opens at Drury Lane Theatre; and Mat Smart’s “Naperville” has its Chicago-area premiere this week.
Aug 23 2016 | 7:38 pm
- A Round Lake woman charged with animal cruelty in the asphyxiation deaths of two bulldogs last summer says she loved them like her children.
Aug 23 2016 | 5:53 pm
- Elgin cleric Mohammad Abdullah Saleem is scheduled for a Sept. 12 jury trial after he did not accept a plea agreement offered by prosecutors on Tuesday. He is accused of sexually abusing an employee and student of an Islamic school for children in...
Aug 22 2016 | 7:02 pm
- Confinement in a windowless vehicle without air conditioning or water on a 90-degree day led to the deaths of two dogs last summer, a Cook County prosecutor said as a Round Lake woman’s trial on aggravated animal cruelty charges began in...
Aug 18 2016 | 10:03 pm
- A Streamwood man pleaded guilty Thursday to trapping a 5-year-old in a shower and spraying his body with scalding water while the desperate boy sought relief by covering his head with a toy bucket. Brian Magsombol, 30, was sentenced to 19 years in...