Sep 30 2016 | 1:44 am
- Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown and challenger Diane Shapiro differ on whether the position should be appointed or elected.
Sep 30 2016 | 6:38 pm
- A Chicago man sentenced to life in prison for the 2006 shooting death of an aspiring rap producer from Rolling Meadows will get a new trial, the Illinois appellate court ruled.
Sep 29 2016 | 6:57 pm
- A judge dismissed charges against a Chicago parolee who was accused of stealing jewelry from an Elgin woman, court records show.
Sep 28 2016 | 3:47 pm
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater's exceptional “Tug of War: Civil Strife” is a dramatic feast. Check out Barbara Vitello's four-star review.
Sep 30 2016 | 4:53 pm
- Ron Keaton brings “Churchill” to Schaumburg, First Folio offers up seasonal thrills with “Dr. Seward’s Dracula,” and Remy Bumppo revives Stoppard’s translation of Pirandello, this week in Chicago-area...
Sep 27 2016 | 5:34 pm
- A Wheeling man who police discovered smoking marijuana in his car was sentenced to three years in prison in exchange for pleading guilty to aggravated DUI.
Sep 27 2016 | 6:22 pm
- A Skokie man who pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a teenager he said was his girlfriend was sentenced to probation and must register as a sex offender for 10 years.
Sep 27 2016 | 7:22 pm
- Juan Martinez of Palatine was sentenced to four years in prison after he pleaded guilty to his fourth DUI, which caused a crash in June.
Sep 27 2016 | 5:31 pm
- Alejandro Hernandez of Hanover Park was sentenced to four years in prison after he pleaded guilty to burglarizing a Streamwood home earlier this year.
Sep 26 2016 | 6:43 pm
- An Elgin man who prosecutors say intentionally struck an acquaintance with his car was sentenced to 30 months’ probation plus the jail time he’s already served, court records show.