Activate Your Free
Baby Face Nelson-Battle of Barrington witness: 'We were scared to death'Can you imagine wandering through Barrington in 1934 and stumbling across a shootout between cops and Baby Face Nelson? Bill Eiserman and his brother did. And you can step back in time with Barrington's special re-enactment Friday.Last Updated Nov 25, 2015 8:44 AM
Cook County suburbs tally $244 million in legal feesUpdated Nov 25, 2015 10:07 AM
Cook County suburbs have spent $244 million on private attorneys since 2010, according to a Better Government Association analysis.
14 file for Metropolitan Water Reclamation District boardUpdated Nov 23, 2015 6:02 PM
Fourteen candidates are already running for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation Board, after filing opened Monday. So far, they are 10 Democrats and four Green Party members.
Alvarez, Foxx file Monday for Cook County state’s attorneyUpdated Nov 23, 2015 2:03 PM
Anita Alvarez is expected to face three Democratic primary election challengers in her bid to remain Cook County’s top prosecutor, but only she and Kim Foxx filed Monday.
- More articles
- Free community college plan in Chicago costs $3 million
- Dawn Patrol: One shot in Elgin; Bears beat Packers
- Dawn Patrol: Aurora robberies may be related; parents get 5 years in starved baby case
- Dorothy Brown first to file Monday morning
- Dawn Patrol: Reward offered in fatal crash, Bears lose
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
- Woman who credited eating Portillo's for longevity dies at 100
- Editorial: Let Alvarez explain why she shouldn't resign
- Meet the tattoo-covered greeter who charms Wal-Mart shoppers
- Teens killed in McHenry crash had passion for trucks
- Meet Ganon: Will Elgin let this little pig stay at couple's home?
- Georgia gives Richt a boost, beating Ga Tech 13-7
- Stevenson's Geick tests his mettle at Barrington
- Special Report: Gliniewicz's final hours as he staged his 'hero' cop death
- Do men eat more to show off to women?
- Poached Monk Fish with a Cream Skhug Sauce over a Pepper, Mushroom and White Northern Bean Saute
- Meet the tattoo-covered greeter who charms Wal-Mart shoppers
- Woman who credited eating Portillo's for longevity dies at age 100
- Breaking down this weekend's IHSA football title games
- Chicago Bears' rookies doing just fine
- Packers don't get in Bears' way
- Garrett's opens popcorn shop in Woodfield
- Arlington Heights hosts homestyle Thanksgiving for Navy recruits
- Rozner: Bears derail Green Bay celebration
- Imrem: Turns out the joke is on the Green Bay Packers
- Libertyville to meet Glenbard West for 7A title
- QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector (North Aurora) Inspect and test surgical and dental instruments. Prepare inspection reports. Fax resume only to US Elite Inc. at 630-264-1026 (id:4424974) WAREHOUSE/SHIPPING/RECEIVING - Skokie manufacturer looking for individual to be responsible for shipping-receiving, inventory control and general shop cleanliness. Heavy work at times. Forklift experience a plus. Strong work ethic and communication skills a must. Will train. The right person will eventually be included in production. Easy hours, benefits, $13-hour. Apply in person. Mullen Circle Brand 3514 West Touhy Skokie, IL 60076 847-676-1880. (id:4425177) TEACHER AIDE - Education Teacher Aide NSSEO, a special education cooperative in NW suburbs, is accepting applications for the following positions:Full-time teacher aides (full benefits $14.79/hr) & Substitute teacher aides ($80 daily). Aides will assist teacher with educational program for students with special needs. Must be able to lift & position students 30 to 80 lbs. Applicants must hold a valid Illinois Educator License or para-professional approval. Apply firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE (id:4426178)
- PEDIATRIC NURSE - Lactation Consultant, RN Summary: Under the supervision of the Physicians/Manager or other designee, The Lactation Consultant position provides breastfeeding support to both outpatients in our pediatric office and rounds on our in-patients in the Mother Baby Unit and the NICU at Northwest Community Hospital. Serves as an expert consultant to maternal-child staff, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in the management of breastfeeding. Provides expert care in lactation management according to the IBLCE Standards of Practice for IBCLC Lactation Consultants. Participates in program development and implementation of activ- ities, prenatal/postnatal education, consultation and resource devel- opment. Promote human milk and breastfeeding, protect and support breast- feeding mothers, to help mothers initiate and maintain lactation and prevent complications/problems, and to enhance maternal role satisfaction and help ensure mothers achieve their breastfeeding goals. Delivers patient care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment. Experience: 1-2 years Nursing experience in an office or hospital At least 1 year Breastfeeding Education / Lactation Consulting experience Certifications / Licensure: IL State Registered Nurse (RN) License required International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) required Special Skills: Must be able to utilize independent decision-making skills in a wide variety of situations. Requires a high degree of accuracy in the performance of varied responsibilities. Personal computer skills required. Must be self-motivated to complete work in a timely manner to meet deadlines To apply for this opportunity please e-mail your resume and CV to: email@example.com or fax it to: 847-398-2534 (id:4425591) COUNTER HELP - Counter Help for dry cleaner in Libertyville. To apply call 847-247-0545 (id:4426001) ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP - ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS Available at THE LAKE COUNTY JATC 31290 N. U.S. Hwy 45, Unit A Libertyville, IL. 60048 Applications from 10/19/2015 through 1/7/2016 Monday -Thursday 7:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Except 11/11/15 & 12/9/15 when applications are accepted until 5:30pm. APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 26th, DECEMBER 24th and 31st Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Upon an offer of apprenticeship, you will be required to pass a physical exam, background check and drug screen evaluation including a hair follicle exam. Applications must be in person with a $25.00 fee. Visit our website at www.lakecountyjatc.org for further details (id:4419474)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.