Every year, someone will talk about those left out of one thing or another. It could be the baseball or football halls of fame, maybe a golfer who did not win a major or a baseball team that had not won a World Series in 108 years. However, as I have stated for many years, the greatest travesty in entertainment is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's choice to ignore the greatest female rock 'n' roll singer of all time. Don't just listen to me but read the words which confirm the RRHOF as "The Rock and Roll Hall of SHAME":
• In the age of rock 'n' roll, Connie Francis was one of the first teen idols of the '50s joining the ranks with Elvis Presley, Rick Nelson, Frankie Avalon, Paul Anka, Fabian, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Sam Cooke, Buddy Holly and Fats Domino (e.g. you note the only female).
• It is documented that Connie Francis was the first female recording artist to have a rock 'n' roll million seller, "Stupid Cupid."
• In 1967, Connie Francis was named Best Female Entertainer of the Century.
• From 1958 to 1964, Connie's chart career included 35 Top 40 hit singles, half of which were in the Top Ten.
• Connie Francis had 10 consecutive Top-Ten singles within a two-year period.
• Connie Francis broke the male domination of the rock 'n' roll charts.
Connie is an International star. As late as 1977 her greatest hits album was No. 1 in England. She is loved in Germany and adored in Italy.
Those of us who have written to the RRHOF asking why Connie is overlooked every year have never gotten a reply. Could this be because there is no reason?