Breaking News Bar
updated: 9/1/2014 12:52 PM

No one hurt in Buffalo Grove townhouse fire

Success - Article sent! close
Daily Herald staff report

No one was hurt in a structure fire at a Buffalo Grove townhouse complex Sunday afternoon, officials said.

Two townhouses in a four-unit residential building were left uninhabitable. The fire started shortly after noon in a clothes dryer inside one unit in the 1044-1050 block of Pine Tree Circle North.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the dryer vent on top of the second story roof and smoke in the common hallway, according to a Buffalo Grove Fire Department news release. Firefighters found smoke throughout the first floor unit and fire inside the laundry/utility room that was extinguished quickly.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to put out the fire that had spread in the walls extending to the second floor and attic.

Two people were in the townhouse at the time of the fire and both escaped unharmed. Firefighters later rescued a cat from their home.

Several local fire departments helped at the scene and provided coverage of the Buffalo Grove fire station, including Arlington Heights, Long Grove, Lincolnshire, Prospect Heights, Countryside, Deerfield, Barrington, Wauconda, Lake Forest, Wheeling, and Rolling Meadows.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.