• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a woman's wallet between 1 and 1:30 p.m. July 29 at 1860 S. Arlington Heights Road.
• Thieves stole a computer bag containing a laptop computer valued at $1,000 between 12:30 and 6 p.m. July 29 at 800 Central Road.
• Burglars pried open the rear kitchen door between 8:20 and 9:45 p.m. July 25 at a home on the 2000 block of South Lee Street and stole a purse, wallet, checks, cash, men's vintage designer watch, two women's watches, several pieces of jewelry and a camera lens. Loss was estimated at $25,291.
• Robert Allante Givens, 24, of the 12000 block of Mettetal, Detroit, Mich., Duane Lefand Marcelis Jr., 24, of the 29200 block of Guy Street, Southfield, Mich., Rachael Joy Moss, 21, of the 2400 block of 10th Avenue, Port Huron, Mich., and Dray David Reed, 21, of the 1700 block of Hoover 5, Warren, Mich., were arrested around 2:30 p.m. July 19 on the 800 block of South River Road and charged with theft of lost or mislaid property, Givens also was charged with obstructing justice, and Moss also was charged with no valid driver's license. Their court date is Aug. 18.
• Giuseppe M. Cirafici, 22, of the 9600 block of West Higgins Road, Rosemont, was arrested around 3:05 p.m. July 22 on the 1100 block of East Touhy Avenue and charged with battery, resisting a peace officer and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. His court date is Aug. 21.
• Mutei Al-Naser, 36, of the 1400 block of East Ashland Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:49 a.m. July 27 in a parking lot at 1505 E. Oakton St. and charged with battery and aggravated assault. His court date is Aug. 29.
• Burglars stole an iPod and men's wallet between 9 p.m. July 27 and 6 a.m. July 28 out of an unlocked Jeep in a driveway on the 0-100 block of South Meyer Court. Value was estimated at $225.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $500 around 7:15 p.m. July 27 after the owner left it on top of a slot machine at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer between 12:45 and 2:30 p.m. July 22 left on a table in an unlocked office at 1974 E. Miner St. Value was estimated at $800.
• Thieves stole a boys' unlocked black, brown and orange mountain bike between 5 and 6:10 p.m. July 24 from a bike rack at the Des Plaines Library, 1501 Ellinwood St.
• Burglars stole $148 between 11 p.m. July 21 and 6:50 a.m. July 22 out of a Honda on the 1700 block of South Sycamore Street.
• Thieves stole a taxi meter, electronic charger and set of jumper cables between 11:14 and 11:45 a.m. July 21 out of a taxicab in a lot at 3067 Mannheim Road. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a DJ electronic mixer board valued at $2,200 between 12:26 and 4:30 p.m. July 17 delivered to a home on the 300 block of West Millers Road.
• Timothy W. Smith, 33, of the 1300 block of Forestdale Court, Schaumburg, was arrested around 6:32 p.m. July 19 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after a security agent saw him hide DVDs in a stolen backpack, toss the backpack over a fence in the garden center, leave the store and pick up the backpack.
• Vandals chopped down a tree overnight July 19-20 near the fifth hole at Streamwood Oaks Golf Course, 565 Madison Drive.