Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/27/2014 10:19 PM

Firefighter hurt in Bartlett house fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

One firefighter was injured by falling debris while battling a Bartlett house fire Sunday afternoon and had to be transported to Central DuPage Hospital.

Officials at the Bartlett Fire Protection District did not release the name of the firefighter, nor any further information on his or her condition.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The fire began after 4:30 p.m. outside the garage of the home on the 900 block of Stuart Drive in Bartlett. When firefighters arrived, the fire extended from the garage to the attic and the interior of the home. Fire crews battled the blaze both within and outside of the home. A natural gas supply line was compromised by the fire but was held in check.

It took firefighters 12 minutes to get the blaze under control.

The worst of the damage, described in a release as heavy smoke and fire, was sustained by the attic and the home's exterior. Fire officials estimated the damage at $150,000.

The cause of the fire was ruled to have been accidental by Bartlett fire officials.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here