Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/23/2014 12:17 PM

Clothing dryer sparks Streamwood house fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

A dryer sparked a fire in a one-story Streamwood home, causing an estimated $20,000 in damage, authorities said.

Firefighters were called about 9:39 p.m. Tuesday to the home on the 300 block of E. Streamwood Boulevard. The first units found smoke pouring out of the house.

The fire was confined to the laundry room, but the rest of the home was damaged by smoke, according to a Streamwood Fire Department news release.

The residents were home at the time of the blaze, but escaped before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.

Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    Winner - 2015 Best Website
    Illinois Press Association
    Illinois Press Association