1. A Geneva man once prominent in his high school's anti-drunken driving and anti-drug efforts was behind bars at the DuPage County jail on Sunday after authorities say he had been drinking and smoking marijuana before his car plunged into a Naperville quarry, killing two of his friends.
2. An 85-year-old East Dundee woman was found fatally stabbed in her home Friday, authorities said Saturday night. No one was in custody as of Sunday, according to police.
Contact information ( * required )
3. Rescue teams helped to recover the body of a swimmer Sunday in the Fox River in Carpentersville. The man was fishing on the river with two friends.
4. Memories of working at the suburbs' biggest -- and occasionally beloved -- outdoor concert venue will be shared during the first Poplar Creek Music Theatre employee reunion next weekend.
5. Columnist Burt Constable writes about a Pingree Grove man who composed the Maine South school song, wrote a book about forgotten celebrities and, by the way, dated a possible president, the former Hillary Rodham.
6. Authorities think a driver mistook her SUV's gas pedal for the brake Saturday night just before the vehicle crashed into a Shell gas station along Route 72 in East Dundee. Fortunately, neither she or anyone else was seriously injured.
7. It's been a rough month for Naperville eateries. Less than two weeks after a fire damaged Rizzo's, a blaze ravaged Grandma Sally's Family Restaurant at 405 E. Ogden Ave., causing $400,000 damage. Fire officials are investigating the cause.
8. Many of us think jumping out of a plane is crazy. Mike Elliot calls it "transformational." After reading his story, it's hard to disagree.
9. Oil changes apparently aren't the only thing Mackenzy Krogh can do fast. The Elgin man rushed from his job at a West Dundee Jiffy Lube on Friday to help at the scene of a nearby motorcycle crash, and police say his quick thinking may be the only reason the bike's driver survived.
10. Major donors and future volunteers of the new Ronald McDonald House Near Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield got a sneak peek Saturday at the construction progress of the 12-family facility nearly seven months before it will open.