Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/3/2014 4:18 PM

Mount Prospect man charged with sexual assault

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A Cook County judge set bail at $300,000 Thursday for a 54-year-old Mount Prospect man charged with sexually assaulting a young girl five years ago.

Maximino Camacho-Landa faces a charge of predatory criminal sexual assault, a felony that carries a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Judge Jill Cerone-Marisie also ordered Camacho-Landa have no contact with the girl or anyone under age 18, said Cook County Assistant State's Attorney David Shin.

Authorities say the girl, who was 10 at the time, was abused between October 2008 and September 2009. She revealed the abuse to her mother earlier this year, Shin said.

Camacho-Landa has no criminal background, Shin said. He next appears in court on July 28.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.