A lightning strike Wednesday night is being blamed for causing $70,000 in damage to a single-family home in Bartlett, officials said Thursday.
Firefighters were called to the 400 block of Timber Ridge Drive at 10:23 p.m. to find smoke in the attic, authorities said. Smoldering was also found in the wall panels of the home, officials said.
Contact information ( * required )
No injuries were reported, and the blaze was quickly extinguished, officials said.
Authorities determined a lightning strike caused the electrical conduit in the home to energize, sparking the blaze at a junction box. The fire was contained to the area of origin, but there was smoke damage throughout the home.
Hanover Park and Streamwood fire fighters assisted the Bartlett Fire Fire Protection District, authorities said.