Breaking News Bar
updated: 6/19/2014 9:44 PM

Lightning strike damages home in Bartlett

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A lightning strike Wednesday night is being blamed for causing $70,000 in damage to a single-family home in Bartlett, officials said Thursday.

Firefighters were called to the 400 block of Timber Ridge Drive at 10:23 p.m. to find smoke in the attic, authorities said. Smoldering was also found in the wall panels of the home, officials said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

No injuries were reported, and the blaze was quickly extinguished, officials said.

Authorities determined a lightning strike caused the electrical conduit in the home to energize, sparking the blaze at a junction box. The fire was contained to the area of origin, but there was smoke damage throughout the home.

Hanover Park and Streamwood fire fighters assisted the Bartlett Fire Fire Protection District, authorities said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here