The Des Plaines Park District is inviting residents, parents, and business and community leaders to participate in one of three focus group sessions this summer to help with strategic and master planning. Each focus group will give attendees the opportunity to share their thoughts and ideas about the Park District's facilities, parks, programs, and services. No registration or RSVP is required.
• Thursday, June 26 from 6:30–8:00pm. Arndt Park Fieldhouse, 1900 White Street.
Contact information ( * required )
• Wednesday, July 30, from 6:30–8:00pm. West Park Fieldhouse, 651 S. Wolf Road.
• Tuesday, August 26, from 6:30–8:00pm. Chippewa Park, 197 N. Eighth Avenue.
These meetings are part of the Park District's strategic planning process. The valuable feedback provided will augment the information already collected through our Community Needs Assessment completed in 2012. Participants will be asked to answer and discuss a number of questions to assess customer satisfaction, their recreation and open space needs, and issues that should be addressed in the future. "With additional input from the community, the Park District will be able to better provide for the needs of our residents and chart a course for the next three to five years," said Don Miletic, Assistant Executive Director. "We are looking to capture our resident's perceptions about the District, what parks and facilities they use, and ways we can better serve the needs of the community. This is a way for the community to help shape the future of their Park District."
Attendees will be divided into five small groups of eight to ten people. Each group will have its own facilitator--a park district employee--and a note taker. Some questions that may be covered are:
• Where do you feel the District should focus its resources?
• How do you find out about the Districts services and programs?
• How can we improve on the way we communicate to our residents?
For more information about the upcoming focus groups, call 847-391-5700. For information about summer classes, events, programs, and events visit www.DPParks.org