Breaking News Bar
updated: 6/16/2014 4:37 PM

Buffalo Grove fire confined to laundry room

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A Sunday evening fire at a three-story Buffalo Grove apartment building remained under investigation Monday, but it was determined to have begun in the third-floor laundry room to which it was contained.

Firefighters received the call to 1114 Johnson Drive at 5:45 p.m. After a post-fire inspection by ComEd workers, all residents were allowed to return to their units by about 7:30 p.m., Buffalo Grove Deputy Fire Chief Mike Baker said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Structural damage to the building was estimated at $10,000 and damage to contents at about $2,000, Baker said.

While all the heat and smoke damage was confined to the laundry room, there was some water damage to the room below, Baker said. He said all the apartments in the building are habitable.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here