Eleven administrators in Barrington Unit School District 220 received multiyear performance-based contracts approved by the district's board of education at their public meeting Thursday morning.
Superintendent Tom Leonard said the 11 administrators, a group that includes school principals and high-ranking district personnel, have institutional knowledge that is valuable to the district.
Contact information ( * required )
"One or two individuals have an expertise in their area that is extremely rare and hard to find in Illinois," Leonard said. "By putting them in multiyear contracts I think we're going to assure nice stability."
Board President Brian Battle said that under state law administrators who choose performance-based contracts give up their ability to be tenured, so the district issues multiyear contracts to provide consistency.
Jeff Arnett, who has served as the district's chief communication officer for about seven years, is the only one of the administrators changing job titles.
"Jeff is a unique individual with a lot of talents," Leonard said. "I strongly believe by moving him to the position of Assistant Superintendent for Innovation and Outreach that he will be able to utilize some of his great talents in a broader way in the district."
Arnett's contract is for five years at a base salary of $144,456, an increase from his 2012-2013 salary of $138,368.
Other contracts include:
• Benjamin Ditkowsky, the director of data, assessment and program evaluation, will earn a $124,000 salary in his new five-year contract.
• Mary Dudek, the assistant superintendent for human resources and administrative services, will earn $145,626 in her new five-year contract. District records show that she made $140,566 this year.
• Becky Gill, the director of curriculum and instruction, will make $123,851 in the first year of her five-year deal. Gill made $119,088 this year.
• Paul Gillette, the associate principal of facilities and student services, will make $144,214 in the first year of his two-year contract. Gillette made $126,972 this year.
• Cynthia Jaskowiak, the assistant superintendent for educational programs and assessment, will make $155,970 in the first year of her-five year deal. Jaskowiak made $150,841 this year.
• Cynthia Kalogeropoulos, the principal of Grove Avenue School, will make $156,310 in the first year of her three-year deal. Kalogeropoulos made $142,514 this year.
• Stephen McWilliams, the principal of Barrington High School, will make $134,168 in the first year of his five-year deal. McWilliams made $127,294 this year.
• Michael Obsuszt, the director of athletics, will make $127,619 in the first year of his five-year deal. Obsuszt made $123,902 this year.
• Constance Simon, the assistant superintendent for special services, will make $152,981 in the first year of her four-year deal. Simon made $144,321 this year.
• Craig Winkelman, the principal of Barrington Middle School-Station Campus, will make $141,355 in the first year of his five-year deal. Winkelman made $137,238 this year.
The board unanimously approved the contracts.