Awards were presented and newly elected board members were introduced April 23 at the Downtown Wheaton Association's annual membership meeting.
Four honors were awarded based on votes cast by association members:
Contact information ( * required )
• Downtown Wheaton Business of the Year -- Suzette's Creperie
• Spirit of Wheaton Award -- Elisabeth Sochacki and Pam Strand, owners of Strand Fitness
• Volunteer of the Year -- Jason Sandquist of Ivy Restaurant
• Facade of the Year -- Bella Roba
The public was invited to vote for the People's Choice Award. There were three winners:
• Wear & Share -- First place
• Serene Teaz -- Second place
• Clarice's Creating Beautiful Looks -- Third place
Richard Card of Jeans and a Cute Top was elected for a second term as director of the association. Newly elected members of the board include Beverly Fishleigh of Tasting DeVine, Paul Rodriguez of Suburban Music, and Mike Burke of The Bank Restaurant.
In May, Ronald Diener will be appointed to the association's board of directors. Councilman Thor Saline will take over as the city's representative on the board of directors.