A fire fueled by natural gas did about $100,000 damage to a single-family home Monday in Bartlett, firefighters said.
Bartlett firefighters responded to the fire on the 700 block of Holly Drive just before noon and arrived to find an outside wall of the home ablaze with flames spreading into the home and attic, fire officials said in a release.
Contact information ( * required )
Firefighters had to wait for NICOR to shut off the gas to the home in order to completely extinguish the fire, which was put out at about 1:30 p.m. The fire appeared to originate near the home's natural gas meter, firefighters said.
Nobody was home at the time, and nobody was injured while fighting the fire. Police officers rescued the family's dog before firefighters arrived, fire officials said.
The living room, dining room and exterior wall of the house were damaged by the fire and water, while the rest of the home suffered smoke damage.