Fox River Grove officials are seeking volunteers to fill two vacancies on the village's planning and economic development commission.
The commission works on all planning and economic development related matters within the village. Its primary role is to prepare and recommend to the village board a comprehensive plan for present and future development or redevelopment in the village.
Among the commission's charges are:
• To establish and maintain reasonable standards of design for subdivisions and for re-subdivisions of unimproved land and of areas subject to redevelopment.
• To designate land suitable for annexation and the recommended zoning classification for such land upon annexation.
• To recommend to the village board necessary changes in the comprehensive plan.
• To prepare and recommend to the village board plans and/or recommendations for specific improvements related to the comprehensive plan.
• To assist and advise village officials and employees whose duties include attracting new businesses to the village, promoting existing businesses and other commercial activities, and promoting economic development within the village.
• To review any proposed commercial, residential or mixed-use development and make a recommendation to the mayor and village board as to whether the proposal is consistent with adopted design guidelines.
• To work with existing local and regional organizations, such as the local chamber of commerce, to promote economic activity and development in the village.
Interested candidates can email a cover letter and resume to Village Clerk Donna Brouder at firstname.lastname@example.org. The materials can also be mailed or dropped off at village hall, 305 Illinois St., Fox River Grove, 60029.