Steel Beam Theatre, 111 W. Main St., St. Charles, will hold auditions for the comedy, "Be My Baby" by Ken Ludwig, from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, March 24. Larry Boller directs gentle romantic comedy to open May 9. The two leads are older, but the ensemble members get to wear many hats. Also need a young romantic couple. Dialects are essential; monologue if you have one; and cold readings from script. Call (630) 248-0394 for information.
The role of John Campbell has been cast, but following actors are still needed.
Contact information ( * required )
• Woman in her mid-40s to mid-50s to play Maud Kinch, the female lead. She is described as "rather behind the times." She must be able to handle the English dialect. Ranges from nervous to stuffy to warm and even romantic.
• Young man in his 20s to play Christy McCall. Scottish dialect. Good looking and likable, he is a sexually charged newlywed.
• Young woman in her early 20s to play Gloria Nance-McCall. English dialect. Good looking and a sexually charged newlywed. Rich, confident and vivacious.
• Male ensemble member to play 10 different roles. Should be able to handle both Scottish and Eastern European dialects. May be of any age, but primarily 30-45.
• Female ensemble member to play six different roles. Should be able to handle both Scottish dialect. May be of any age, but primarily 25-35.
Performances are weekends May 9 through June 1. There is pay. Visit www.SteelBeamTheatre.com for more information.