Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/21/2014 4:17 PM

Man gets 16 years for Palatine home invasion

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A 20-year-old Berwyn man was sentenced to 16 years in prison after pleading guilty to multiple felonies related to a 2012 Palatine home invasion and robbery, court records show.

Nicholas Anderson's sentence Thursday followed guilty pleas to home invasion, armed robbery and aggravated kidnapping, with the sentences running concurrently.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Anderson, who received credit for 235 days in custody, must complete at least 85 percent of his sentence before he is eligible for parole.

Police say a 46-year-old woman entered her home the morning of Sept. 26, 2012, and confronted Anderson and another man armed with handguns. The men tied her up, stole property and left in her 2009 Cadillac Escalade, police said. The vehicle's On-Star system led police to the car, which had been abandoned on West Monroe Street in Chicago, authorities said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here