The Oak Brook Park District is currently conducting a Community Wide Needs Assessment and Interest Survey to better determine the recreational programming and facility usage and needs of Oak Brook residents. The results of the survey will help the park district in planning future programming, price structures and capital projects.
Initially, the park district asked that residents return the survey by February 24 using a self-addressed stamped envelope, but due to a printing error, residents now have more options.
Residents returning completed surveys will receive 4 complimentary guest passes. Rresidents may drop their surveys off to the Family Recreation Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road until Wednesday, March 5 or they may return the survey via email to Jessica Cannaday at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The district is also hosting an open house on Thursday, March 6 at 6:30pm at the Family Recreation Center, and will provide 4 guest passes for residents that return completed surveys at that time. "All residents are invited to attend for light refreshments and to ask any questions regarding the survey or upcoming projects," says Jessica Cannaday, Oak Brook Park District's marketing manager. "It's unfortunate that the delivery of the survey didn't go as planned, but we are hoping with more return options, we will still receive important feedback from our residents."
Residents that have misplaced their survey may contact Cannaday at email@example.com by February 24 to receive a new copy.
The park district has already surveyed the 55 and over communities of Oak Brook, including Forest Gate, Oak Brook Club and Briarwood. In direct response to the feedback provided by residents, the Oak Brook Park District now offers a "Senior Snow Bird" membership that is available from March-October for those who move to a warmer climate during winter months.
"It is important for us to keep our finger on the pulse of our community as best we can in order to offer the programming and services that really will increase the quality of life in Oak Brook," says Cannaday.
How to return your survey:
• Drop it off at the Family Recreation Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road
• Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mail it to the Family Recreation Center, 1450 Forest Gate Road (provide your return address to receive guest passes)
• If you are enrolled in a class, you may turn it in to your instructor
• Bring it to the Community Interest Open House on Thursday, March 6 at 6:30pm
Oak Brook Park District Community Interest Open House
• Thursday, March 6 at 6:30pm
• 1450 Forest Gate Road in the Canterberry Room
• Surveys will be accepted at this time, those returning surveys will receive 4 guest passes
• Light refreshments will be served
Questions regarding the Community Wide Needs Assessment and Interest Survey may be directed to Jessica Cannaday at 630-645-9539 or email@example.com.