• The Raue Center's Artful Women group hosts a Q&A session with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist/author Mary Schmich from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at the Raue Center for the Arts, 26 N. Williams St., Crystal Lake. Schmich discusses her new book, "Even The Terrible Things Seem Beautiful to Me." Tickets cost $15. (815) 356-9212 or rauecenter.org.
• The Lake Forest Bookstore and the Orphans of the Storm animal shelter are co-sponsoring a book-singing event with Theresa Schwegel, author of "The Good Boy," at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at the Cellar Gate Wine Market, 524 Sheridan Road, Highwood. Suggested donation is $10 and includes a glass of the venue's featured wine. Some adoptable dogs will also be on hand at the event. For information or to register, call Jackie at (847) 602-8505 or email email@example.com. Visit lakeforestbookstore.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Meet author Charles Finch as he reads from and signs copies of his novel "The Last Enchantments" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Author Elizabeth Eulberg discusses and signs copies of her latest young adult novel, "Better Off Friends," at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. Refreshments follow the author's presentation. Registration for the event is required. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Children's author Stephan Pastis discusses and signs copies of his new "Timmy Failure" title, "Now Look What You've Done," at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 1, at Anderson's Two Doors East, 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
-- Laura Milbrath Stewart