• A 16-year-old Carpentersville boy was charged with unlawful use of a weapon Feb. 7 after police said he brought a knife to Dundee-Crown High School. Police said the knife was in the boy's locker. He was later released to one of his parents.
• Anthony C. Jones-Johnson, 25, of the 300 block of East Chicago Street, Elgin, faces felony drug charges after Carpentersville police pulled him over Wednesday and found between 30 and 500 grams of marijuana on his person, according to a police report. Police pulled over Jones-Johnson in the 1600 block of Kennedy Drive because he turned from a parking lot onto the street without using a turn signal, Cmdr. Erman Blevins said. Jones-Johnson was charged with the manufacture/delivery of marijuana and marijuana possession. His bail was set at $15,000 and he is due in court Feb. 19 at the Kane County Judicial Center.
• Brandon M. Smith, 25, of the 600 block of Applewood Lane, Algonquin, faces several drug charges after police found him with four Oxycodone pills, a syringe, a tourniquet and a metal spoon, according to a police report. Smith was charged Monday with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, possession of a hypodermic needle or syringe and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, reports said. His bail was set at $10,000.
• A 32-year-old woman told police her family was bilked out of $300 Feb. 7 after they tried to buy a dog from a website, reports said. The family sent the money via Western Union and when they asked when the dog was coming, they were told to send another $600 to cover the cost of a special shipping crate for the dog, Cmdr. Erman Blevins said. The family became suspicious and contacted police.
• Rolando Romero, 34, of High Chaparral Court, Elgin, was charged with two counts of stalking after he slashed someone's car tires on Thursday in the 100 block of Alfred Street, a police report said.
• Marland Robinson, 30, of the 700 block of Thompson Street, Elgin, was charged Thursday with aggravated battery, obstructing/resisting a police officer, possession of between 2.5 grams and 10 grams of cannabis and criminal trespass, according to a police report. Robinson pushed the officer and grabbed his arm.
• Cashay L. Clay, 26, of the 300 block of Commonwealth Avenue, Elgin, was charged with retail theft Thursday after he tried to take a portable wireless stereo without paying from a big box store in the 300 block of South Randall Road, according to a police report.
• Daniel D. Johnson, 36, who police said is homeless, was charged Thursday with failing to register as a sex offender and resisting or obstructing a police officer, according to a police report.
• Eight window screens worth $200 were stolen from a home on the 37W800 block of Acorn Lane near Elgin between Jan. 6 and Feb. 6.
• A $300 Coach purse, which contained several credit cards, an iPhone and $300, was stolen between 3 and 3:45 p.m. Tuesday from the 40N900 block of Woodlawn Lane near Elgin.