Book notes: Meet Henry Winkler in Naperville
- Photos (1)
Actor Henry Winkler appears with co-author Lin Oliver to discuss their "Here's Hank" books at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at Mill Street School in Naperville.
Associated Press File Photo
• Author Sue Monk Kidd discusses and signs copies of her novel "The Invention of Wings" at 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at Barnes and Noble, 55 Old Orchard Center, Skokie. (847) 676-2230 or barnesandnoble.com.
• Margaret Hawkins, author of "Lydia's Party," will discuss and signs copies of her novel at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. Note: This event, originally set for Jan. 28, was rescheduled because of inclement weather. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Award-winning pastry chef and author Jacquy Pfeiffer discusses and signs copies of his new book, "The Art of French Pastry," from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11, at the Aspen Drive Library, 701 Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Books will be available for purchase at the event. Registration is required. Call (847) 362-2330, visit webres.cooklib.org, or register in person at the library.
• "The Scar Boys" author Len Viahos reads from and signs copies of his novel at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Award-winning novelist and poet Chris Abani reads from and discusses his latest novel, "The Secret History of Las Vegas," from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, in Room 108 of Harris Hall, 1881 Sheridan Road, on the campus of Northwestern University, Evanston. Note: Light refreshments will be served before the reading at 5:30 p.m. Free. northwestern.edu/writing-arts/.
• Best-selling author Jackie Collins discusses and signs copies of her book "Confessions of a Wild Child" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, at the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. O'Plaine Road, Gurnee. Books will be available for purchase at the event. Register at (847) 244-5150, ext. 4, or wnpl.info.
• Meet Philipp Meyer as he reads from and signs copies of his new historical fiction title, "The Son," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "The Painted Girls" author Cathy Marie Buchanan discusses and signs copies of her novel at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Jeffrey C. Schnibben, author of the mystery thriller "Overreach: The Society," signs copies of his book from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at Hawthorne's Backyard Bar and Grill, 1200 W. Hawthorne Lane, West Chicago. Copies of the novel will be available for purchase at the event. (630) 293-6700.
• Actor and children's book author Henry Winkler and co-author Lin Oliver will be on hand to meet with fans and read from and sign copies of their children's books "Here's Hank: Bookmarks are People Too!" and "A Short Take About a Long Dog" at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at Mill Street School, 1300 N. Mill St., Naperville. The event is sponsored by Anderson's Bookshop at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Tickets are required and are available with the purchase of both books at Anderson's. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
— Laura Milbrath Stewart
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close