• A St. Charles man was charged with domestic battery, aggravated assault and interfering with a report of domestic abuse at 8:50 p.m. Jan. 26 on the 700 block of Illinois Street. Stephen C. Treadwell, 56, of the 5N0-99 block of Middlecreek Lane, is accused of biting a woman's arm and fingers, reports said. According to police, the two used to date and they were still friends, but she rejected his attempts at a more intimate relationship and asked him to leave her residence. They struggled, and he is accused of taking away her cellphone, pinning her down, pulling her hair and threatening her with a pocket knife, police said.
• Brian S. Rafael, 31, of the 600 block of Alice Place, Elgin, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood alcohol concentration greater than .08, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of cannabis and driving too fast for conditions after authorities were called to Rafael's vehicle in a ditch at 9:21 p.m. Jan. 24 near Fairway Drive and Lookout Lane near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. Rafael's breath test showed a BAC of .212. A passenger, Jamar Bills, 32, of the 1300 block of Highland Avenue, Elgin, also was charged with marijuana possession, the report said.
• A money clip, $60 and Nintendo 64 video games were stolen between 12:01 and 1:30 a.m. Jan. 21 from the 2S300 block of Meadow Drive near Batavia, according to a sheriff's report.
• Doris T. Donovan, 54, of the 6N300 block of Dunham Road, Wayne, was charged with DUI and DUI with a blood alcohol content greater than .08 after a traffic stop at 7:29 p.m. Jan. 29 at Route 25 and Courier Road near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. A chemical test showed Donovan's BAC was .204, the report said.
• Makayla R. Nisler, 19, of the 39W000 block of Dean Street, St. Charles, was charged Jan. 25 with unlawful possession of a controlled substance after police found her with 0.1 gram of cocaine, according to a police report. She was released after paying $750 bond and is due in court Friday at the Kane County Judicial Center.