• A Utah man has been charged with trespassing and criminal damage to property in relation to a break-in at 3:30 a.m. Dec. 7 at the Batavia Government Center, 100 N. Island Ave. Alexander M. Roveda, turned himself in on a warrant Wednesday, police said. Roveda, 22, lives on the 1300 block of West Indian Hills Drive in St. George, Utah. He used to live in Batavia, according to Kane County court records. He posted $500 bond, and has a Feb. 18 court date. Roveda is accused of breaking a glass door by throwing a plywood Christmas decoration through it in order to enter the building. He then walked through restricted areas on the first and second floors, according to police.
• A wallet and a hat were stolen out of a shopping cart at 5:02 p.m. Tuesday in the Goodwill store, 450 N. Randall Road, police said.
• David Michael Gonyea, 22, of the 600 block of Meadowridge Drive, Aurora, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis, at 2:06 p.m. Wednesday in the 1600 block of East Main Street, according to a police report. Police reported receiving a complaint from a driver at Kirk and Butterfield roads in Aurora that she thought a passenger in a nearby car was smoking pot. St. Charles police found a car matching the description at Kirk and Tyler roads.
• Jeffrey J. Denning, 29, of the 2200 block of Foxfire Court, Geneva, was charged with public urination at 1:52 a.m. Jan. 1 at Third and Cedar streets, according to a police report.
• A resident of the 400 block of Stevens Street reported to police Monday that someone stole a spare tire off a Ford E250 truck. He was not sure if it happened in Geneva or elsewhere.
• A women's white/gold ring, with an artificial diamond, was stolen off the front porch of a house in the 700 block of Tanager Lane between Dec. 20 and 21. The ring was in a UPS package that had been left on the porch, police said.
• Macdaniel F. Sullivan, 18, of the 600 block of Illinois Avenue, Wheaton, was charged with possession of cannabis at 12:48 a.m. Jan. 3 in the 1200 block of East State Street, according to a police report. Alex J. Furrh, 18, of the 500 block of Amy Lane, Wheaton, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, police said.
• A Carol Stream man was charged with battery, accused of punching a woman in her ribs and hitting her with a door, at 12:13 a.m. Jan. 1 in an apartment in the 2100 block of Pepper Valley Drive. According to police, the accused is John B. Ingram, 20, of the 1400 block of Ash Court. Ingram was also charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor. Also charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor were Elena J. Kelly, 18, of the 600 block of Parker Court, Geneva; Jordyn E. Schmidt, 18, of the 200 block of Wakefield Lane, Geneva; Jonathan S. Sommers, 18, of the 6N0-99 block of Underwood Drive, Geneva; three male juveniles of one apartment in the Pepper Valley building; and two male juveniles and a female juvenile of another apartment in the building, police said.