Breaking News Bar
updated: 1/9/2014 7:00 PM

Fire starts after propane torch used to thaw pipes

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

Authorities say a fire Wednesday night at a Bartlett apartment building was the result of maintenance crews using a propane torch earlier in the day to thaw frozen pipes in the lobby.

Firefighters from the Bartlett Fire Protection District responded at 7:33 p.m. to the building in the 500 block of Deere Park Circle for a report of a structure fire, and found smoke and a burning odor in several areas of the building's first and second floors, according to a news release.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The source of the smoke and odor was found inside a lobby wall where a section of the wood stud wall and other debris showed signs of being burned, officials said.

The fire resulted in minimal damage and no displacement of the residents.

Fire crews cleared the scene at 10:04 p.m.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here