Breaking News Bar
posted: 11/19/2013 5:00 AM

Candidate went too far on anti-abortion stand

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 

A Republican named Ken Cuccinelli lost the race for governor of Virginia to a Democrat named Terry McAuliffe. Now, I couldn't care less who is the governor of Virginia; however, here is some free political advice coming from this race that can apply anywhere. If you are an aspiring politician or a supporter of an aspiring politician, don't run on or support anyone who runs on the platform that Cuccinelli did.

There is one simple reason Cucinelli lost his race, and if you follow his example, you will lose, too. He ran on a platform of pro-life, without exception. That means that even if a woman was raped, she could not have an abortion. The result was that Cucinelli lost the single-woman vote by 42 points.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Also, not only did Cucinelli lose the race, a staunch pro-abortion candidate won. Cucinelli actually ended up promoting abortion, not life.

Abortions due to rape are about 1 percent of all abortions. Cucinelli lost out on a chance to reduce 99 percent of all abortions because he was stupid enough to think he had to bar rape victims from abortions.

My advice: Do not follow the platform of Cucinelli. It is very frustrating for those of us who believe in life.

Bill Hartman

Barrington

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here