• New York Times best-selling author and illustrator Jeffrey Brown discusses and signs copies of his book "Jedi Academy" at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet husband-and-wife and authors Max Allan Collins and Barbara Collins (often known under her pen name, Barbara Allan), as they sign copies of their books at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. The couple will sign copies of "Ask Not," "Complex 90" and "Antiques Chop." (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Author John Searles discusses his novel "Help for the Haunted" at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10, in the cafe at Barnes and Noble at Westfield Hawthorn Mall, 122 Hawthorn Center, Vernon Hills. Visit barnesandnoble.com.
• Former speaker of the House Newt Gingrich signs copies of his new book, "Breakout," while his wife, Callista Gingrich, signs copies of her children's book "Yankee Doodle Dandy" beginning at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, at Anderson's Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove. (630) 963-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet author Renee Rosen as she discusses and signs copies of her book "Dollface: A Novel of the Roaring Twenties" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• New York Times best-selling author Mitch Albom discusses and signs copies of his new book, "First Phone Call From Heaven," in an author program at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, at Wentz Concert Hall at North Central College, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. The event is sponsored by Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Tickets to the event are provided with the purchase of Albom's book from Anderson's. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
-- Laura Milbrath Stewart