• Adalis Parra-Rios, 38, of the 1900 block of Lilac Lane, Aurora, was charged with retail theft at 12:49 p.m. Sept. 19, according to a police report. She is accused of stealing three pairs of earrings from Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road.
• Sarah C. Kolcz, 19, of West Curtis Square Lane, and Katherine Flurry, 19, of the 3200 block of Harvest Ridge Road, both in Geneva, were each charged with retail theft at 6:29 p.m. Sept. 19, according to a police report. They are accused of stealing items from Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road, police said.
• Misael Hernandez, 23, of the 900 block of Lorlyn Circle, Batavia, was charged Sept. 19 with criminal sexual abuse of a person between the ages of 13 and 17, according to a police report.
• Brayden M. Weeden, 19, of the 800 block of Madison Avenue, St. Charles, was arrested at 2:47 a.m. Sept. 16 on the 0-99 block of East State Street and later charged with unlawful use of a weapon -- a switchblade -- and speeding, according to a police report. A passenger, Zachary K. Choate, 19, of the 1700 block of Cumberland Green Drive, St. Charles, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (a cannabis pipe).
• Someone stole a customer's black leather purse while it was in a shopping cart around 6:50 p.m. Sept. 16 at Plato's Closet, 1900 S. Randall Road.
• An employee's black iPhone 5 was stolen off the front counter of Anew, 27 W. State St., between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. Sunday, police said, and a replica was left in its place.
• The windshield of a 2003 International 4200 truck was smashed while the vehicle was parked overnight on the 3000 block of East Main Street Sept. 13, police said. Damage was estimated at $400.
• A 64-gallon trash receptacle was reported stolen from the 1400 block of Madison Avenue Sept. 12.
• On Sept. 15, the theft of a battery charger and an Echo gasoline-powered blower was discovered in an empty garage on the 41W000 block of Route 38, near Elburn. The theft was reported to the sheriff's office at 8:26 a.m. Sunday after the owner found someone had cut the cable from the battery to the starter on a riding lawn mower stored in an empty barn on the property, which is vacant.