Benedictine sex assault investigation closed without charges
No charges will be filed after an investigation into a report that two women were sexually assaulted last week at Benedictine University in Lisle, authorities said Tuesday.
"After a thorough investigation and a review of the evidence, including interviews with the parties involved, we have decided there is insufficient evidence to move forward with charges in this case," DuPage County state's attorney spokesman Paul Darrah said.
Lisle police opened an investigation after receiving a report that the two women, ages 18 and 19, were sexually assaulted Sept. 15 in a campus dormitory. Police said one of the women was a student, and the other was a visitor. Several male students were questioned.
In a brief statement Tuesday, Benedictine officials said they opened an independent administrative investigation as mandated by federal authorities. Neither university officials nor prosecutors would comment further on the case.
Police said the allegations involved reports the women were sexually assaulted about 3 a.m. at Neuzil Hall, a coed dormitory.
• Daily Herald Staff Writer Joshua Welge contributed to this report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close