• Between 6 p.m. Sunday and 6:45 a.m. Monday the two left tires on a vehicle were slashed, on the 1100 block of East Wilson Street, police said.
• Between 7 p.m. Saturday and 11:40 a.m. Sunday someone smashed the rear window of a vehicle on the 300 block of South Jefferson Street.
• Someone stole a passport out of an unlocked vehicle on the 300 block of South Jefferson Street, it was reported to police at 5:09 p.m. Sunday.
• An unidentified man stole two pairs of Beats Mixer headphones from Target, 115 N. Randall Road, it was reported to police at 2:40 p.m. Saturday.
• A person waited until Sept. 3 to report the theft of an engagement ring and two diamond-inlaid bands she had left on a sink last November at the Persinger Recreation Center, 3507 Kaneville Road. She told police she had returned to the center the same day she forgot the rings and hoped someone would turn them in.
• Bradley J. Turnquist, 23, of the 0N700 block of East Curtis Square near Geneva, was charged with retail theft at 3:40 p.m. Sept. 6, according to a police report. He is accused of taking a bottle of beer and a dose of sleeping pills from Dominick's, 2000 S. Randall Road.
• Graffiti was painted between 9 p.m. Sept. 5 and 5 a.m. Sept. 6 on a fence along a rear patio at the Patten House Restaurant, 124 S. Second St., and the northern and eastern walls of the Geneva History Center, 113 S. Third St., police said.
• Someone broke off a light fixture on a garage on the 700 block of North Street between 9 a.m. Aug. 25 and 3 p.m. Sept. 8.
• Someone drove a car and damaged 50 feet of wooden fence and bent a "No dumping No trespassing" sign on the 0N100 block of Pouley Road near Elburn between 5 p.m. Sept. 4 and 3 p.m. Thursday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Juan M. Cortez, 33, of the 1900 block of Bilter Road, Aurora, was charged with fleeing/eluding a police officer, drag racing, speeding and failure to reduce speed after a short chase on Interstate 88 shortly after 12:01 a.m. Sunday, according to a sheriff's report. Cortez was clocked on Farnsworth Avenue doing 78 mph in a 35 mph zone while racing another vehicle before he got on I-88, hit a top speed of 118 mph, and crashed into a hill near a retention pond at the Eola Road exit, according to a sheriff's report.
• Jessica L. Bonine, 26, of the 1500 block of Evergreen Street, Wheaton, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane use after a traffic stop at 12:07 a.m. Sunday at Kirk Road and Fabyan Parkway near Geneva, according to a sheriff's report. Katy M. Green, 25, of the 300 block of Depot Drive, Somonauk, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from DeKalb County and also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana and illegal transportation of alcohol, according to the report.