• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Vandals sprayed graffiti on a village Yield sign reported at 8 p.m. July 6 at Magnolia Street and South Haddow Avenue.
• Thieves damaged a combination lock between July 3 and 7 attached to the rear wheel on a bicycle at the Arlington Park Metra depot, 2200 W. Euclid Ave. Offenders left the undamaged wheel next to the bicycle. Damage to the lock was estimated at $12.
• Vandals broke two glass lamp pole covers between 10 p.m. July 5 and 3:30 p.m. July 7 in a condominium area adjacent to the tennis courts on the 1100 block of South New Wilke Road. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals shattered the rear window between 10:45 a.m. to 11:15 p.m. July 4 on a 2005 Ford Mustang at Arlington Park Racetrack, 2200 W. Euclid Ave. Damage was estimated at $200.
Thieves stole a men's silver 21-speed bicycle between 6:30 p.m. July 4 and 9 a.m. July 5 locked to a fire lane sign at an apartment building on the 700 block of West Rand Road. Value was estimated at $250.
• Thieves stole a men's red mountain bike between 2:20 and 3:22 p.m. July 2 locked to a tree outside a store at 1776 W. Algonquin Road.
• Thieves stole two Chicago Black Hawk flags between 8 a.m. and 8:51 p.m. July 2 out of a yard on the 500 block of West Hintz Road. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a 14K white gold diamond ring between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. June 29 out of a bathroom tray during a party in a condominium on the 100 block of East Palatine Road. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars entered 13 vehicles between 11:15 p.m. June 23 and 5:30 a.m. June 24 on the 0-100 block of Winterberry Court, 0-100 block of Evergreen Drive, 0-100 block of Cardinal Court and 0-100 block of Autumn Lane and stole loose change out of most of them and jumper cables and two saws out of one of them. Value was estimated at $310.
• Burglars stole coins, golf bag, golf clubs, sunglasses and laptop computer between 9 p.m. June 23 and 6 a.m. June 24 out of a 2004 Toyota Camry in a driveway on the 0-100 block of Cranberry Court. Value was estimated at $1,980.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, three USB drives, and two bank tokens between 6 p.m. June 22 and 8 a.m. June 23 out of a 2013 Hyundai Accent in a residential lot on the 2000 block of Essex Court.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 11 p.m. June 22 and 1:30 a.m. June 23 out of a 1996 Chrysler Sebring at the intersection of McKool and Tinnerella avenues. A debit card and dress watch valued at $100 were missing. During a canvass of the area, a gas station employee, 908 E. Irving Park Road, told officers that a group of five to six males tried to use a debit card at an ATM. He heard one say, "I don't know the pin, it's a stolen card."
• Nicolas R. Reyna, 18, of the 100 block of East Streamwood Boulevard, Streamwood, was arrested around 12:35 a.m. June 23 in a parking lot at Oak Hill School, 205 S. Oltendorf Road, and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• A male shoplifter placed several boxes of diapers and several bags of men's undershirts/boxers, value estimated at $198, into a shopping cart between 5:50 and 6:03 p.m. June 24 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, but left the shopping cart and contents in the store's vestibule and fled when confronted by a security agent. The agent saw him drive away in a white box truck.
• The Wheeling Police Department made four DUI arrests, wrote 44 safety belt citations and 34 other traffic citations during the July Fourth holiday enforcement period. This law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety grants through IDOT's Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" and "Click It or Ticket" campaigns.