Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/1/2013 5:52 PM

Coroner: Lake Villa twins died of overdoses

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

Twin brothers found in their Lake Villa home last week died of drug overdoses, Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd said Monday.

Eugene and John Meek, both 25, were discovered Thursday, June 27, in a bedroom of the house on the 0-100 block of West Grand Avenue. They had been dead for two or three days, Rudd said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Dental records were used to identify the men.

Police found the bodies after going to the house for a well-being check.

Autopsies revealed opiates in the Meeks' systems, Rudd said. Hypodermic needles and a spoon used to heat drugs were found in the same room as the bodies, he said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.