Breaking News Bar
posted: 6/26/2013 6:27 PM

Forklift mishap causes fire scare in Addison

hello
Success - Article sent! close
  • A forklift crashed into an electrical panel Wednesday at Mauser Corp. causing smoke that brought Addison firefighters to the scene. No injuries were reported.

      A forklift crashed into an electrical panel Wednesday at Mauser Corp. causing smoke that brought Addison firefighters to the scene. No injuries were reported.
    Bev Horne | Staff Photographer

 
By Sean Hammond
shammond@dailyherald.com

A forklift crashed into an electrical panel Wednesday morning at Mauser Corp. in Addison, knocking out power to parts of the building and causing some smoke.

Addison firefighters responded about 10:30 a.m. to a report of smoke at the building, 1350 W. Fullerton Ave.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

There were no injuries and no fire, authorities said. The building was quickly aired out.

Most of the facility was back in operation when firefighters left around 11 a.m.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here