• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Scott A. Auck, 47, of the 2300 block of Huron, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 3:45 p.m. June 21 on the 600 block of West Techny near Kennicott, and charged with aggravated assault. Police said they responded to a call of a man screaming obscenities. Auck swore at officers and raised his fists and charged at them, police report said. Police reports said officersy used a Taser to subdue him. He was admitted to Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights because he was highly intoxicated, the reports said. His court date is July 31.
• Burglars stole a hand-held laptop computer and sunglasses between 9:30 p.m. June 21 and 11 a.m. June 22 out of an unlocked Acura TL in a driveway on the 1900 block of North Fernandez Avenue. Value was estimated at $210.
• Thieves stole an iPod valued at $299 between 8 and 10 p.m. June 21 in Prairie Park, 1695 S. Belmont Ave., while the owner played basketball.
• Thieves stole a checkbook and $200 out of a patient's purse between 8 a.m. June 17 and 4 p.m. June 21 at Northwest Community Hospital, 800 W. Central Road.
• Melvin L. Turofsky, 69, of the 8800 block of Washington, Niles, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. June 20 at Mystic Waters Park, 2025 Miner St., and charged with public indecency after a female employee told police she saw him expose himself and then enter the pool. His court date is July 5.
• Miguel A. Infante, 32, of the 100 block of Oak Land Avenue, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1215 p.m. June 22 at Arndt Park, 1560 E. Howard Ave., and charged with battery after he was accused of punching a fellow basketball player on the jaw during an argument. His court date is July 5.
• Kenneth George Brighton, 52, of the 400 block of Horizon Lane, Smyrna, Del., was arrested around 11:30 p.m. June 22 at the Hilton Garden Hotel, 2930 S. River Road, and charged with battery and resisting a peace officer. Police reports said he fought with hotel employees and struggled with officers during the arrest. His court date is July 24.
• A burglar was seen on a security video climbing through a broken window around 2:25 a.m. June 20 at Day Nite Liquors, 1185 Elmhurst Road, and stealing 15 packs of cigarettes from a shelf behind the register and cash out of two register drawers. Loss was estimated at $865. A similar break in was reported at a Mount Prospect Shell gas station across the street around midnight.
• Burglars rifled through 14 unlocked vehicles overnight June 21-22 on the 700 block of Waikiki Drive, 300 block of South Wolf Road, 200 block of Eighth Avenue, 100 block of North Third Avenue, 0-100 and 300 blocks of South Fifth Avenue, 800 and 900 blocks of North Golf Cul-de-sac De Sac, and 700 block of Meadow Drive. The offenders stole money, headphones, cellphone charger and two iPod chargers. Value was estimated at $430.
• A man was seen on a security video taking a customer's cellphone valued at $500 around 6:40 p.m. June 22 at Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St. The victim had put the cellphone on a customer service counter.
• Two vehicles were stolen from Herz car rental, 2170 Mannheim Road. A silver 2012 Chevrolet Cruze was supposed to be taken to the maintenance garage Dec. 14 but there is no record that the vehicle was ever there for service. A silver 2012 Toyota Yaris was rented out and returned April 13, but it has disappeared.
• Thieves stole the driver's-side taillight between 6 p.m. June 22 and 9 a.m. June 23 from a 2010 Ford Connect van in a lot on the 900 block of Beau Drive. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars broke a front glass door around 12:40 a.m. June 21 at Shreji Grocers, 1187 S. Elmhurst Road, and stole money out of a cash register. A police dog tracked their scent to an apartment building on the 700 block of West Algonquin Road. Loss was estimated at $680.
• A man may have stolen $120 out of a customer's purse around 9:45 a.m. June 21 at Jewel-Osco, 819 S. Elmhurst Road. He was standing next to her; she discovered the money missing when she went to pay.
• Vandals scratched eight vehicles between May 21 and June 21 in a condominium lot on the 300 block of South Graceland Avenue. Damage was estimated at $800.