Man hurt after striking power line in Elgin
A man trimming a tree near ComEd wires in Elgin Monday was inujred when he made contact with the power wires, Elgin police say.
About 1:15 p.m., emergency responders were called to a location on the 400 block of South Street for a possible electrocution.
Officials found a 22-year-old man laying on the ground unresponsive and not breathing. Paramedics were able to re-establish a pulse and breathing at the scene, police said.
The man was taken to Presence St. Joseph Hospital in critical condition and later transferred to Loyola Medical Center for treatment of burns from the high voltage electricity, officials said.
Witnesses say a long pole the man was using to trim branches made contact with the power wires.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close