Breaking News Bar
posted: 6/15/2013 9:32 AM

Fire leaves Palatine home uninhabitable

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

No injuries were reported Friday after fire swept through a Palatine home, causing an estimated $50,000 in damage and leaving the residence uninhabitable.

Firefighters called to the blaze in the 800 block of West Poplar Street about 5 p.m. found heavy smoke coming from the first floor and roof of the home. Crews worked quickly to open interior walls and ceiling, gaining access to the fire and extinguishing it.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The living space of the home sustained fire, smoke, and water damage, fire officials said.

The Palatine Fire Department reminds all homeowners to have working smoke detectors and have an escape plan in case of a fire.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.