• A former resident of 5N300 block of Fox Wilds Drive near St. Charles reported a $3,000 hot tub was stolen between April 6 and May 16, according to a sheriff's report. The victim, who moved about 18 months ago, stored the hot tub at a friend's house. The victim and friend talked about selling the hot tub but could not agree on a price. The friend has not returned messages from the victim, who believes the hot tub has been sold on the Internet.
Contact information ( * required )
• Sometime on Sunday, a house in the 44W0-99 block of Seavey Road near Elburn was pelted with eggs, one of which broke a window on the home's garage door, according to a sheriff report.
• Three cars were burglarized between 6 p.m. Monday and 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Orchard Court, police said. At least two were unlocked. A black iPod was stolen out of one, a wallet was stolen out of the second, and nothing was stolen out of the third.
• An iPad, a compact disc and a portable Sony DVD player were stolen out of an unlocked vehicle in the 1300 block of Goldenrod Drive, it was reported to police at 7:59 a.m. Tuesday.
• Two wood lawn ornaments were stolen in the 900 block of Blair Street, it was reported to police at 8:57 a.m. Tuesday.
• Compact discs and a black iPod were stolen out of a vehicle in the 1000 block of Cardinal Court, it was reported at 9:23 a.m. Tuesday.
• A shed was damaged in the 500 block of Madison Street, it was reported at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday.
• Caprice L. Thomas, 24, of the 800 block of North Lake Street, Aurora, was charged with retail theft at 10:16 a.m. Tuesday at Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road, according to a police report.