• Ten windows were smashed on an empty bank-owned barn at 3:15 p.m. Sunday in the 43W100 block of Empire Road near St. Charles. The neighbors who reported it said they saw two people on the second floor doing the damage.
Contact information ( * required )
• Four tires and wheels were stolen between midnight Sunday and 6 a.m. Monday at a property in the 6N700 block of Irwin Avenue, St. Charles Township.
• Elgin police and sheriff's deputies investigating a complaint about guns being fired at 1:52 a.m. Sunday in the 11N300 block of Russell Road, found firecracker remnants, and more than 150 spent shotgun shells, rifle casings and .45-caliber bullet casings, as well as an unattended fire in a fire pit on the property. People who had entered the house when police arrived refused to answer the door. No charges were filed.
• A black Labrador retriever died after being struck by a hit-and-run driver who drove 15 feet into a yard in the 39W300 block of Route 20 near Elgin, it was reported at 11:24 p.m. Friday. The dog was in the yard.
• A stereo faceplate was stolen out of a vehicle between 10 p.m. April 22 and noon April 23 in the 6N700 block of Essex Avenue, St. Charles Township, police said.
• Between 3 p.m. April 17 and 7 a.m. April 19 someone stole a 1,000-foot spool of underground telephone cable and a 1,000-foot spool of coaxial cable off a driveway in the 34W800 block of St. James Drive, St. Charles Township.
• Between 3 p.m. April 17 and noon April 18 someone stole an air conditioning unit in the 5N0-99 block of Hanson Road, St. Charles Township.
• Someone broke into a Clear Wire cellphone tower site and its control box, at 2N492 Kirk Road near St. Charles, and stole four Interstate 12-volt deep-cycle marine batteries, it was reported to police April 16.