• Fernando Jaimes, 22, of Elgin, was charged with possession of cannabis after police responded to a call of shots fired at 10:50 p.m. Tuesday on Joan Court, according to a police report. Police heard voices coming from a garage across the street. Looking through a window, they saw Jaimes and another man, along with a mason glass jar containing a leafy green substance on a table. Jaimes was later found to have a bag of cannabis in his pocket. He posted bond and is next due in court May 6.
• Two men took four bottles of vodka at about 4 a.m. Tuesday from a liquor store in the 1000 block of North Randall Road, police said. Video surveillance shows one of the men threw a rock to break the glass door of the business.
• A lawn mower and a cordless power drill were taken sometime between April 12 and 14 from a residence on Brook Street, police said.
• A TV and Xbox gaming system were taken from a residence on Peach Tree Lane sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. April 12, police said.
• A resident of the 100 block of Birchwood Circle near Carpentersville reported to police on Thursday that someone had been using the resident's Social Security number since 2003, according to a sheriff's report. The victim found out about the identity theft earlier in the week when filing taxes with an accountant.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close