• Fernando Jaimes, 22, of Elgin, was charged with possession of cannabis after police responded to a call of shots fired at 10:50 p.m. Tuesday on Joan Court, according to a police report. Police heard voices coming from a garage across the street. Looking through a window, they saw Jaimes and another man, along with a mason glass jar containing a leafy green substance on a table. Jaimes was later found to have a bag of cannabis in his pocket. He posted bond and is next due in court May 6.
• Two men took four bottles of vodka at about 4 a.m. Tuesday from a liquor store in the 1000 block of North Randall Road, police said. Video surveillance shows one of the men threw a rock to break the glass door of the business.
• A lawn mower and a cordless power drill were taken sometime between April 12 and 14 from a residence on Brook Street, police said.
• A TV and Xbox gaming system were taken from a residence on Peach Tree Lane sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. April 12, police said.
• A resident of the 100 block of Birchwood Circle near Carpentersville reported to police on Thursday that someone had been using the resident's Social Security number since 2003, according to a sheriff's report. The victim found out about the identity theft earlier in the week when filing taxes with an accountant.