• Yvette Bell, 41, of the 300 block of Amarillo Drive, Carpentersville, was charged Tuesday with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, a Class 4 felony, and with unlawful possession of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor. Officers searched the home of a parolee on the 100 block of Toro Circle and found 3.4 grams of marijuana and 4.5 grams of cocaine in Bell's purse, according to a police report. Cmdr. Timothy Bosshart confirmed Bell was not the parolee but said police had a right to search her purse because she was in the house. Bell's bail was set at $5,000 and she is scheduled to appear in court May 2 at the Kane County Judicial Center.
Contact information ( * required )
• Lauren Banks, 20, of the 7400 block of South Shore Drive, Chicago, was charged with theft Tuesday, after police said she took two phony credit cards to a Carpentersville bank and tried to withdraw money from both. According to Cmdr. Timothy Bosshart, Banks successfully withdrew $500 from one credit card, but the teller became suspicious after Banks tried to do it with a second credit card. She called the companies that supposedly issued the cards and representatives there confirmed that they were fake, Bosshart said. At that point, the teller called police. Banks' bail was set at $10,000 and she is due in court April 25.
• Brandon Suarez, 18, of the 5700 Breezeland Avenue, Carpentersville and a 16-year-old Carpentersville boy were arrested April 12 during an undercover drug investigation, Cmdr. Timothy Bosshart said. Police said they found a total of 28.7 grams of marijuana, a drug pipe, a digital scale and plastic bags. Suarez was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a Class 4 felony, with misdemeanor marijuana possession and with another misdemeanor charge for unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, Bosshart said. The boy was charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession and with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Suarez's bail was set at $10,000 and he is due in court Friday. The boy's case is in juvenile court.
• Someone told police April 11 that a washing machine and dryer were stolen from a home on the 13700 block of White Oak Drive, according to a police report.
• Gang graffiti was written in ink on a classroom wall at Huntley High School, police said. The criminal defacement was reported April 9.