• Danvirel Akins, 26, of the 700 block of Jay Street, Elgin, was arrested March 28 at Bluff City Boulevard and St. Charles Street and charged with disorderly conduct and air rifle restriction possession after police received reports of a man walking with a handgun and pointing it toward houses, according to a police report. Akins had a BB rifle.
• A man reported being robbed of $60 at gunpoint at about 11:40 a.m. March 25 after he went to Times Square to purchase marijuana, police said.
• Cash totaling $1,200, plus jewelry, checks, a passport and a Social Security card were taken sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. March 28 from a residence on East Chicago Street, police said. The front door was found open.
• Several pieces of jewelry were taken sometime between 1 and 4:20 p.m. March 28 from a residence on Bird Street, police said. The rear door was found open.
• Twenty-five catalytic converters were taken between March 30 and April 1 from a business in the 900 block of Grace Street, police said.
• The windows of a vehicle parked on South Alfred Avenue were broken sometime between 3 and 8 a.m. Sunday, police said.
• The window of a home on Washburn Street was damaged by what appeared to be a BB gun sometime between 9 p.m. March 15 and noon Sunday, police said.
• A laptop was stolen sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:40 p.m. Monday from a basement office on Jane Drive, police said. The front door to the building was left unlocked.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close