• Danvirel Akins, 26, of the 700 block of Jay Street, Elgin, was arrested March 28 at Bluff City Boulevard and St. Charles Street and charged with disorderly conduct and air rifle restriction possession after police received reports of a man walking with a handgun and pointing it toward houses, according to a police report. Akins had a BB rifle.
Contact information ( * required )
• A man reported being robbed of $60 at gunpoint at about 11:40 a.m. March 25 after he went to Times Square to purchase marijuana, police said.
• Cash totaling $1,200, plus jewelry, checks, a passport and a Social Security card were taken sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. March 28 from a residence on East Chicago Street, police said. The front door was found open.
• Several pieces of jewelry were taken sometime between 1 and 4:20 p.m. March 28 from a residence on Bird Street, police said. The rear door was found open.
• Twenty-five catalytic converters were taken between March 30 and April 1 from a business in the 900 block of Grace Street, police said.
• The windows of a vehicle parked on South Alfred Avenue were broken sometime between 3 and 8 a.m. Sunday, police said.
• The window of a home on Washburn Street was damaged by what appeared to be a BB gun sometime between 9 p.m. March 15 and noon Sunday, police said.
• A laptop was stolen sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:40 p.m. Monday from a basement office on Jane Drive, police said. The front door to the building was left unlocked.