Lombard Fire Department Urges Residents to Always Be Prepared for Severe Weather
Residents who take the time to educate themselves on possible threats are twice as likely to be prepared than others. In the event of severe weather, residents can be their own first responder if simple steps are taken to prepare, plan and get informed.
Plan For Severe Weather
• Be sure every family member knows important phone numbers for schools, offices, home and emergency services.
• Identify an out-of-town contact. It might be easier to make a long-distance phone call than to call in town, so an out-of-town contact is in a better position to communicate among separated family members.
• Identify a meeting place near your home where family members can meet if separated during severe weather.
• Identify a meeting place away from your home where family members can meet if your neighborhood is not accessible.
• Map out evacuation routes in case you are ordered to evacuate, and always keep at least a fourth of a tank of gas in your car.
• Know your insurance policies and whether your home is in a flood zone.
Stay Informed About Severe Weather
• Find out what type of disasters could occur and how you should respond.
• Learn Lombard's severe weather warning signals.
• Familiarize yourself with the terms that are used to identify severe weather, such as advisories, watches and warnings.
• Monitor radio, television and the internet to stay informed.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close