• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Julian A. Jimenez, 22, of the 2700 block of South Maple Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:35 p.m. March 7 on the 2300 block of South River Road and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana and failure to wear a safety belt-passenger. His court date is April 2.
• Jeremy M. Bohne, 18, of the 1700 block of Howard Avenue, Des Plaines, and a 16-year-old boy were arrested around 10:40 p.m. March 8 on the 1800 block of Krowka Drive and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana. Their court date is April 19.
• A man was seen on a security video taking a gallon of milk off a shelf, pretending to fall, and then smashing the bottle on the floor at Jewel-Osco, 819 S. Elmhurst Road, around 3:15 p.m. March 5. A woman was seen on a video around 2:25 p.m. March 6 doing the same thing. According to reports, this behavior is consistent with a YouTube video prank trend.
• Vandals apparently set a 1997 Buick Riviera on fire in an alley on the 300 block of Graceland Avenue around 4:40 a.m. March 8. A car parked next to the Buick was also damaged.
• Burglars stole a wrist wallet containing two gift cards and valued at $160 out of an unlocked 2007 Toyota F.J. Cruiser in an apartment lot on the 100 block of Dover Drive between 8 and 8:20 p.m. March 8.
• A man was seen by a security agent removing the packaging on two flashlights and headphones, hiding them in his clothes, and running from Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., around 8 p.m. March 6. Value was estimated at $124.
• Burglars broke the rear sliding glass door with a landscape brick at a home on the 500 block of West Kathleen Drive between 10 a.m. and 1:10 p.m. March 7 and stole a laptop computer, two video-game consoles, and two plastic jars filled with coins. Value was estimated at $2,100.
• Thieves stole an American flag and flagpole from the brick wall on a garage on the 400 block of Cornell Avenue between 8 p.m. March 9 and 9 a.m. March 10. Value was estimated at $50. The victim is a U.S. Army veteran.
• Two men were seen on a security video stealing a photo flatbed scanner out of a cubicle at the Des Plaines Public Library, 1501 E. Ellinwood St., around 9:50 a.m. March 1. The video was not seen until March 11. Value was estimated at $190.
• Robert Nyarko, 20, of the 8800 block of Jody Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 2:10 a.m. Feb. 23 at Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with felony theft and misdemeanor theft after employee Nyarko reportedly took $400 out of his cash drawer on Feb. 16 and $1,200 out of his cash drawer Feb. 17. In both incidents, the police report said, he was seen on a security video placing the money in a small blue receipts bag, placing the bag in a shopping cart and walking away. He later returned and replaced the bag. According to reports, he admitted hiding the $1,200 in his pants pocket, but would not comment on the $400. His court date is March 13.
• Thieves stole an unlocked black and white bicycle out of an apartment parking lot on the 1700 block of Chariot Court between 9:15 and 10:45 p.m. March 7. Value was estimated at $120.