• Police responded to a call at about 3 a.m. Sunday on Stewart Avenue about a report of shots fired, and were told about a fight on Algonquin Drive. Officers found 10 spent shell casings in the driveway and street in front of a residence on Algonquin Drive, as well as a handgun magazine nearby. Two men with injuries sustained in a fight were transported to Sherman Hospital. Police were told the fight and shots fired took place during a party held at the residence. The investigation is still pending.
• Bruno R. De La Cruz, 35, of the 0-100 block of North Lyle Avenue, was arrested Thursday and charged with two counts of aggravated DUI, according to a police report. Police found De La Cruz unresponsive at the wheel of a vehicle at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday after the vehicle crashed into a snowbank and struck a street sign at Pamela and Kathleen drives. Police were able to wake up De La Cruz after several attempts. Police found two unopened and two empty cans of beer in the vehicle. De La Cruz had DUI convictions in 2004 and 2007. He also had a revoked driver's license. De La Cruz's bail was set at $750,000 in Kane County bond court Thursday morning.
• Michael A. Swift, 30, of the 100 block of Windsor Court, was arrested Thursday and charged with robbery and aggravated battery related to an incident that took place Feb. 3, according to a police report. Swift grabbed the victim's purse at a laundry facility in Tyler Creek Plaza and punched her in the face after she chased him. Video surveillance showed Swift getting into a cab, whose driver told police he dropped off Swift at an inn in Elgin. The inn's staff identified Swift, police said.
• Jorge Rufino, 27, of the 200 block of Douglas Avenue, was arrested at about 3 a.m. Friday and charged with theft and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report. Video surveillance at a bar in the 0-100 block of North Grove Avenue showed Rufino taking a laptop and hard drive from the DJ. Police identified Rufino via the video, went to his house, and arrested him as he was running westbound on Kimball Street. Police found a glass smoking pipe with burned residue in his front pants pocket.
• A 32-year-old man reported he was held up at gunpoint and knife point by a pair of acquaintances on Sunday night, police said. According to police, the man was walking with three other men at Tepee Avenue and Cherokee Road, when one man pointed a gun at the victim, while another held a knife to him and demanded his wallet. In the end, the victim escaped after giving the suspects his cellular phone, police said. The case remains under investigation.
• Brian Edwards, 41, and his roommate, Richard Achey, 17, both of the 1500 block of Amarillo Drive, each face several marijuana charges stemming from an undercover police investigation that ended Tuesday with a search of their home, Cmdr. Timothy Bosshart said. According to reports, police executed a search warrant of their home and turned up between 10 and 30 grams of marijuana and a drug pipe, police said. Both men were charged with felony manufacture/delivery of marijuana, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. A judge set Edwards' bail at $20,000, while Achey's was set at $10,000. Both men are scheduled to appear in court March 6 at the Kane County Judicial Center. If found guilty of the felony charge, they could spend up to three years in prison.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close