• A police officer Sunday discovered gang graffiti and lewd images on a wall in the area of 1400 Foundry. The damage is estimated at more than $300, according to a police report.
Contact information ( * required )
• Ryan J. Griffin, 23, of the 200 block of South 17th Street, was arrested Sunday on charges of public drunkenness, according to a police report. Officers arrived at a tavern downtown for a report of a man who had been asked to leave the establishment for being highly intoxicated and bothering other customers. The officer found Griffin outside the tavern with security. Griffin then refused to leave the premises after being repeatedly warned that he would be arrested if he didn't comply, the report states.
• Dustin A. Chapin, 27, of the 300 block of Surrey Lane, Bloomingdale, was arrested Saturday and charged with disorderly conduct, according to a police report. An officer already was already on the scene at a downtown tavern when a bouncer informed the officer a patron had struck him in the face after being asked to leave the property. The officer and the bouncer located Chapin at a nearby business and ticketed him for violating the local fighting ordinance. Chapin denied hitting the bouncer, who informed police the incident had most likely been recorded on the tavern's surveillance system.
• Glenn A. Franklin, 50, of the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue, Big Rock, was arrested Saturday on charges of disorderly conduct, according to a police report. Officers arrived at a building on the 800 block of West Main Street for a complaint about a man who had smeared dog feces on the building. The owner of the building told the officer that employees of a nearby auto supply business complained about a dog defecating on the parkway where customers enter the auto supply business. However, the owner of the building denied the dog or dogs responsible belong to him. The building owner had captured video of the auto supply store employee kicking feces onto the building property, causing some to stick to the building. The employee was identified as Franklin. Upon questioning, Franklin admitted to kicking the feces, the report states. He was issued a ticket.
• David H. Blackmore, 47, of the 2500 block of Heritage Court, was charged with violating an order of protection Feb. 12 in the 3000 block of Sheffield Lane, according to a police report. He entered property on which he was not allowed and repeatedly called the resident, asking her to send his children outside to meet him, despite having been ordered not to contact her.
• Jennifer M. Kraus, 18, of the 15300 block of South Indian Boundary Line Road, Plainfield, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of fewer than 2.5 grams of cannabis at 1:48 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of West State Street, according to a police report. She was also given a warning for driving a vehicle without a light over the rear license plate.
• James M. Haas, 20, of the 39W500 block of West Haladay Lane, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of fewer than 2.5 grams of cannabis at 12:37 a.m. Saturday in the 2500 block of Kaneville Road, according to a police report. He was also charged with operating an uninsured motor vehicle, and given a warning for driving a vehicle without a light over the rear license plate.
• Jason R. Leannah, 20, of the 0-99 block of South Grace Street, North Aurora, was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, at 2:12 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of South Batavia Avenue, according to a police report. He was also charged with driving more than 40 mph over the speed limit. A passenger, Philip R.C. Vermaas, was charged with failure to wear a seat belt, and illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor. Vermaas, 19, lives in the 800 block of North Forest Avenue, Batavia.