Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Teofil Pobega, 53, of the 100 block of North Stevenson, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 12:15 a.m. Feb. 17 at Rand Road and Dryden Avenue and charged with felony aggravated DUI, aggravated driving while license revoked, and speeding. According to reports, his license is revoked for three prior DUI convictions. His court date is March 26.
• Burglars pried the front door at a home on the 2500 block of North Hickory Lane between 12:30 and 9:20 p.m. Feb. 16 and ransacked rooms. It was not immediately clear if anything was missing.
• A 30-year-old woman was seen on a security video taking several fragrances from Ulta Beauty, 456 E. Rand Road, between 7:30 and 7:45 p.m. Feb. 15. She removed the price tags and hid the items in an Ulta shopping bag.
• Three females, 19, 17, and 16 years of age, were arrested around 8:10 p.m. Feb. 15 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft after they reportedly took fragrances and women's clothing; value was estimated at $646.
• Vandals damages two large store front windows at the Salvation Army store, 250 W. Rand Road, between 4:30 p.m. Feb. 14 and 8:30 a.m. Feb. 15 with what appears to have been a BB or pellet gun. There is no damage estimate.
• Thieves removed more than $200 in cash from a victim's wallet at Savers thrift store, 780 W. Dundee Road between 12:45 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. Feb. 15. The victim left her coat and purse on the end of a clothing rack while shopping. When she returned the coat and purse were still there but the money was gone.
• Barbara J. Oglesbee, 56, of the 700 block of West Tanglewood Drive, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 2 p.m. Feb. 12 at Dress Barn, 1121 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly hid eight clothing items valued at $212 in her purse. Her court date is March 25.
• Joshua G. Kasper, 19, of the 300 block of South Maple Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1:20 a.m. Feb. 15 during a traffic stop on the 400 block of South Pine Street and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is April 2.
• Vandals put website advertisement stickers on 31 stop, speed limit, and school crossing signs on Burning Bush Lane at Cree, Burr Oak, Tano, Ivy, and Hopi; on Basswood at Euclid and Cree; on Peachtree at Cree and Corktree; and on Columbine at Tano on an unknown date but reported Feb. 14.
• Vandals put several scratches on a 2001 Pontiac Montana in a driveway on the 1100 block of South Busse Road between 11:30 p.m. Feb. 12 and 7:30 a.m. Feb. 13. Damage was estimated at $4,000.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close