• Authors Leslie Goddard and Christopher Lynch team up for an author event at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. Goddard discusses and signs her books "Chicago's Sweet Candy History" and "Remembering Marshall Field's," and Lynch discusses and signs his books "When Hollywood Landed at Midway Airport" and "Chicago's Midway Airport." (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandslseuths.com.
• Local author Dan Van Haften discusses and signs copies of his book (co-authored with David Hirsch) "Barack Obama, Abraham Lincoln and the Structure of Reason" from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at the DuPage County Historical Museum at 102 E. Wesley Ave., Wheaton. Books will be available for purchase and signing after the program. (630) 510-4941 or dupagemuseum.org.
Contact information ( * required )
• Arlington Heights author T.F. Huene signs copies of his book "Look-Alike Man" from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at Nohea Cafe, 1312 W. Madison St., Chicago. For questions and information, visit tatepublishing.com.
• New York Times best-selling author and Pulitzer Prize winner Dave Barry reads from and signs copies of his new novel, "Insane City," at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 11, at Andersons' Bookshop at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Grammy Award-winning songwriter, playwright and author Terry Abrahamson discusses and signs copies of his book "In the Belly of the Blues" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Local author Brenda Ferber discusses and signs copies of her book "The Yukiest, Stinkiest Best Valentine Ever" at a craft and story hour beginning at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.